It is Three Pines it harvesting time. green beans, sweet corn, cucumbers, green onions, squash,, and tomatoes. Rosa Leigh picked four of her green tomatoes to fry them. The dish was one of our mothers' favorite summer foods. I've included the recipe for you who want to try them.
Fried Green Tomatoes
3-4 tennis balls size green tomatoes
1 cup flour
1 cup cornmeal
1/4 cup oil (add more if needed). Do not use olive oil.
1 Teaspoon of salt.
1. Wash and slice tomatoes.
2. Combine dry ingredients and place 2-3 slices in a qallon bag and shake to coat each slice well.
3. Heat oil in frying pan that does not stick. I use an iron skillet.
4. Add a layer of slices when oil is hot.
5. Cook on both sides until the slices are brown on both sides.
6. Drain on paper towel until all are cooked and serve hot.
Rosa Leigh and I substitute the tomatoes for potatoes in our dinner.
Your friend Ives
Copyright © 2020 Faye Henderson - All Rights Reserved.